Check out this tutorial and find out how to add music to Fallout New Vegas and make your game more immersive.
Checkout this video:
Fallout: New Vegas is a post-apocalyptic role-playing video game developed by Obsidian Entertainment and published by Bethesda Softworks. It was released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 in October 2010. The game is a spiritual successor to Obsidian’s previous title, Fallout: New Vegas.
Like its predecessors, Fallout: New Vegas allows the player to take on the role of a character who can explore the game world and interact with its inhabitants. One of the new features in Fallout: New Vegas is the ability to add music to the game by modding it. This tutorial will show you how to do that.
1) Download a music mod file.
2) Extract the files from the mod archive into your Fallout: New Vegas “Data” folder. The Data folder is located in your Fallout: New Vegas installation directory (by default, this is C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas).
3) Launch Fallout: New Vegas and select “Data Files” from the game’s launcher menu. Check the box next to the music mod file you just installed. If you have more than one music mod installed, you can check multiple boxes to have all of them active at once.
4) Quit out of the Data Files menu and launch the game normally. Your new music should now be playing in-game!
What you need
In order to add music to Fallout New Vegas, you will need two things:
1. A copy of Fallout New Vegas
2. A computer on which you will install the game and the music files
Adding music with Nexus Mod Manager
To add music to Fallout New Vegas using the Nexus Mod Manager, first download the desired music files. Next, launch the Nexus Mod Manager and click “Add Mod from File.” Locate and select the downloaded music files, then click “Open.” The Nexus Mod Manager will now install the music files into the game.
Adding music without Nexus Mod Manager
If you’re looking to add music to Fallout New Vegas without using Nexus Mod Manager, there are a few ways you can do it. One method is to use the in-game mod manager to install the music files directly into the game. The other way is to manually add the music files to the game’s installation directory.
Adding music without Nexus Mod Manager is a bit more complicated than using the manager, but it can be done if you’re willing to put in a bit of extra work. Here’s a quick guide on how to do it.
1) Find the music files you want to add to Fallout New Vegas. These can be in MP3 or FLAC format.
2) Place the music files in the following directory:
[ Fallout New Vegas Installation Folder ]\Data\Sound\Streams\Music
3) OpenFallout New Vegas and go to the main menu. Go to “Options” and then “Sound”. In the “Music Volume” section, make sure that “Number of active streams” is set to 8. This will ensure that all of the new songs will play correctly in-game.
Adding music with Fallout Mod Manager
The first way is to use Fallout Mod Manager.
With Fallout Mod Manager, you can easily add music to Fallout New Vegas. All you need is the installation files for the game and the program installed on your computer.
Once you have both of those things, open up Fallout Mod Manager and click on the “Mods” tab. From there, click on the “Music” tab and then click on the “Add Music” button.
A window will pop up asking you to browse for the music files that you want to add. Find the files that you want to add, select them, and then click “Open.”
The files will be added to your queue. Once they are finished downloading, they will be automatically installed into your game. You can then activate them by checking the box next to their name and clicking “Enable.”
Adding music with Fallout 4 Mod Manager
1. Download and install Fallout 4 Mod Manager.
2. Download the music mod you want to install.
3. Open Fallout 4 Mod Manager and click on “Mods” at the top of the window.
4. Click on “Add Mod” and select the mod file you downloaded.
5. Click on “Activate Mod” and then launch Fallout 4 from the Mod Manager. Your new music should be playing in-game!
Adding music with Mod Organizer 2
If you want to add music to Fallout New Vegas, the best way to do it is with Mod Organizer 2. This mod manager makes it easy to download, install, and manage mods for Fallout New Vegas. It also helps keep your mods organized and keeps track of any changes you make, making it easy to undo changes if you need to.
To add music to Fallout New Vegas with Mod Organizer 2:
1. Download Mod Organizer 2 from the Nexus Mods website.
2. Install Mod Organizer 2 following the instructions on the Nexus Mods website.
3. Launch Mod Organizer 2.
4. Click the “Mods” tab at the top of the window.
5. Click “Add Mod From File…” at the bottom of the window.
6. Navigate to the location of your music files and select them.
7. Click “Open” and then “OK” when prompted.
8. Your music files will be added to Mod Organizer 2 and will be ready to be installed in Fallout New Vegas!
Adding music with Wyre Bash
If you want to add music to Fallout New Vegas, you can do so with Wyre Bash. Wyre Bash is a modding tool that allows you to install mods and customize your game. To add music with Wyre Bash, you’ll first need to download the program and install it. Then, you’ll need to download the music you want to add. Once you have the music files, you can add them to your game by using Wyre Bash’s “Add File” function.
Adding music manually
In order to add music manually, you will need to locate the music files that you want to use. Once you have located the files, you will need to add them to the “Fallout New Vegas\Data\Music” folder.
In order to add music to Fallout New Vegas, you will need to create a sound file in .wav format and place it in the game’s “Data/Sound/Music” directory. Next, open up the “Fallout_custom_music.ini” file in a text editor and add the following line:
Replace “directory/filename.wav” with the path and filename of your custom music file. You can now launch Fallout New Vegas and listen to your new music while exploring the wasteland!